Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pardon the Interruption


I know that I have alluded to several blog posts that I still have yet to finish. You may have noticed my absence of late or then again, maybe not. Regardless I have found a new obsession and it has consumed my every free moment. More than that, it is impinging on my sleep as well.

There was something else I acquired while at Wal-Mart last Saturday. After reading her review of the Twilight series On Bridget's Equilibrium, I finally relented and bought the first book. With Joe leaving to Virginia on business this week, it seemed like a good way to bide my evenings after the kids went to bed. I loved Anne Rice's vampire chronicles (and when I say love, I mean Interview is by far my favorite book of all time) but I never expected this..............

I am completely immersed, all consumed by these books. I finished this first one in less than 24 hours, had to wait until yesterday afternoon to go back to the store and buy the second two installments (all while cursing myself for not just buying all three at one time) and then after starting New Moon last night at 7:30pm I literally could not put it down and read straight through until 5am. I have not done that since I read Gone with the Wind in 3 days while on spring break in high school.

I am not allowing myself to pick up the third book, Eclipse until the kids go to bed tonight. Too much around the house has been neglected in the last couple of days. I do not know what will happen. The sleep deprivation might finally kick in.

What I do know is that the third book will have been read before Saturday, which happens to be the release of the fourth and final installment of the series, Breaking Dawn. Joe has already been instructed to please pick up a copy somewhere on his way home from the airport.

So while I am all consumed by new obsession, it will be over just as quickly as it began. Maybe I should be embarrassed to have let myself get this intensely involved in a series of books about a teenage girl who falls in love with a vampire. But I am not. It has awakened something inside me, the rush and thrill of throwing yourself into a story and its characters that I have not felt in quite sometime. And I like it.

4 comments:

LauraC said...

CRAP. Now I have to go buy them. I tried to get them at my library but I'm #457 in line for Twilight!!! I can't wait that long.

Joanna said...

LOL! I'm re-reading Twilight now, and I'm just as hooked the second time around as I was the first.

Jennifer Larson said...

My mom has been trying to get me to read those books! She said that since I loved Harry Potter and the old Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show, that I should give them a try...and now that I see that you liked these books, I'm tempted!

-Bridget said...

Welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed them as much as me! I'm just so disappointed it is over!