Sunday, July 13, 2008

Caution: Girlz Gone Wild

My sister in-law Leigh's best friend DeAnna is getting married in a couple of weeks. After being married to Joe for almost 10 years now, not only have I become close to Leigh, but I am proud to call DeAnna my friend as well. She is one of those people that is SO much fun to be around, always the life of the party and making everyone laugh. At the same time, she is also one of those people you can trust when you really need someone to talk to. She will be there for you. And I am so excited for her that she has found her special someone. I was equally excited when I was asked to join the girls for DeAnna's bachelorette party weekend in Palm Desert. I have to admit however, I was also a little nervous. These girls know how to have a good time and I was not sure I could keep up. Needless to say it's been awhile since I had a girls night out. And as it turns out, it was exactly what I needed. A night with just the girls, plenty of good food, good drink and good conversation, along with some dancing and being silly. A night away from all the men in our lives (though we love them) and without the worry of having to care for the kids. Obviously I stayed overnight as I would have been in no condition to drive home when the party died down at 2:30am. I do believe this is the first night I have been away from both kids since Jadyn was born. It was a little break from the everyday.

As much fun as I had with the girls, the great thing about a night like this is that you walk away with fond memories and a feeling of solidarity with those you spent it with. And then you walk back into your everyday life, you look at your husband and your kids who missed you so much and are happy to see you and not only do you feel revived but you just feel incredibly blessed and grateful for all that you have. Even if it also means at that moment, you have a hangover.

So here's to girls night and inside jokes: Mother Pucker ladies!

1 comment:

Jennifer Larson said...

What does it say about me that I have dozens of similar photos from my sorority days/bachelorette party experiences? :) Looks like y'all had a ball. And Jenn, you definitely a big fun night out!