Sunday, July 27, 2008

Major Score!

Yesterday I went to Wal-Mart to do some shopping and scored big on two fronts:

First of all, I FINALLY remembered to pick up a small potted flower and secretly transplanted it into the kids pots today. I then casually remarked to Jake that we had not been checking on their pots, which are on our porch (seeing as how we enter and exit the house through the garage). He ran to the window, looked outside and exclaimed with glee, "Our flowers grew up! They are orange! They are so pretty! We have to go see!"


Once outside, he commented on how nice they smelled and again how pretty they were:



So one day the kids will read this story and realize that their actual seeds did not grow up. It was still SO worth it to see the look on Jake's face. I will file this one with the tooth fairy, the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the cat that went to live on a farm. For now, I am just reveling in the innocence that is childhood.



Secondly, I finally got my hands on a Wii Fit. I had been signed up on WiiAlerts for 2 weeks now, still to no avail. So imagine my surprise when I go to our local Wal-Mart (which is smaller than your average store) and found one sitting on the shelf. Apparently they had gotten 2 in stock the night before. Score! Once home, Joe, Jake and I had a blast (Jadyn was napping) creating our own Miis and conducting the initial body tests. I wish I could have taken a picture of Joe hula-hooping. I don't know which was cuter - watching him or his Mii. And the balance board told me something I already knew - I am not very coordinated. After failing a round of heading soccer balls and dodging cleats, the board asked, "Do you find yourself tripping while walking a lot?" Joe could not stop laughing. I foresee us all having a lot of fun with our new toy. Anyone want to reveal there WiiAge? I'll tell if you do..........................

4 comments:

Heidi O said...

Don't you love the wii fit? We have been having too much fun with it. Hoola hooping has to be the most fun I think. It is just funny to watch whomever is doing it.

-Bridget said...

That is so funny you duped them with storebought flowers!

My Wii Fit age is 31. My real age is 35. I am in a love hate relationship with my Wii Fit right now.

Kaycee said...

Aw pretty flowers :)

And what luck girl!! I keep getting alerts, but I still need the Wii too.. so i'm debating on wether to spend the money or not. Everyone seems to enjoy them SO much though.

Joanna said...

My Wii fit age ranges from 34 to 41. I am 36, I have good balance, and the Wii board is clearly on drugs.