Friday, July 4, 2008

Patriotic Preview

Before the kids and I headed out for our 4th of July themed play date on Wednesday, I took a couple of shots of the kids and I all decked out in red, white and blue and thought it would be fitting to share them on the 4th of July while everyone is enjoying family BBQs and fireworks. At least that is what we will be doing and it is something I look forward to all year. Not only is it great to celebrate all things American, but it happened to be my Dad's favorite holiday and the last holiday we spent as a family before he passed away. One might think that would make it a sad occasion but instead I have come to see it as a chance to not only celebrate our nation, but my father's life as well.




I am also including some pictures we took of the kids and I in the pool before Joe lit up the BBQ. I have to say there is no better way to end a hot summer day then taking a dip in the pool late in the afternoon, eating chicken that Joe grilled to perfection and then going back out before sunset to play in the yard. Not a bad way to ensure the kids are in bed early either.






Hope everyone has a safe and sane 4th of July!

4 comments:

Karla said...

Cute pictures!

What a nice sentiment of remembering your father on his favorite day. May he RIP.

Kaycee said...

They look adorable!!(as always) I love their coordinating outfits. It sounds like yall were on your way to a great time. How sweet to remember your dad in that way.

LauraC said...

Oh my, how do you get them to look at the camera and smile??!?!! Mine so "no cheese!" whenever I get out the camera!

Jennifer Larson said...

That is a great great GREAT run of photos of Jake and Jadyn! They should be in magazines. I love Jadyn's pigtails, especially.