Friday, July 25, 2008

Century Mark

After being asked how many posts I had on my blog, I realized I had just posted for the 100th time. And you know what that post was about? Farting of all things!

I have really enjoyed blogging and although my blog started out as an extension of the kids websites, it has evolved over the last 7 months. At first, it was simply a way to keep friends and family near and far updated on what our family has been up to and what fun and new things the kids were doing. However, now I find it also serves as a healthy release to share my journey as a mom as well. While my main goal is still to convert the blog into a book to keep as a baby journal for the kids to look back on, I still hope the majority of those that check in enjoy reading what I have to say.

The other day I got another REALLY good picture of Jake and Jadyn together. I have been pretty fortunate in this department lately. And it reminded me of how discouraged and frustrated I was for the longest time because I could not seem to get any good pictures of the kids together. So I thought it would be fun to take a trip down memory lane and share some of the best pics I have of Jake and Jadyn together:

Here is Jake upon meeting his baby sister in the hospital on May 31st, 2006:
Jake "holding"his baby sis in July 2006, Jake was the same age here that Jadyn is now:
Sleeping together October 2006:
After our pumpkin patch trip, October 06:
During a Valentine photo shoot at the park January 2007 (ETA: somehow this one originally got left out of the post):

After swimming in May 07:
Pumpkin patch trip 2007:
Christmas time 2007:
My ALL-TIME fav pic of them together after a bath January 2008:
More recently, after Jake's graduation May 2008
And on July 2nd of this month:

And the picture that started this whole thing, taken on Wednesday during a ride on our new ice chest. I just love how REAL both their smiles are:

It has been SO much easier to get pictures of them together, probably since January or so when they realized if they cooperate, it will be over with much more quickly. And these pictures serve another purpose as they are a great segue to my next post about what it was like for me going from having one child to two. So stay tuned....

No comments: