Thursday, July 24, 2008

Beans Beans the Magical Fruit

So I REALLY struggled with whether or not to blog about this but it is just SO dang hilarious I can't imagine not sharing this story. So please try not to judge us too much for teaching our children such language and not coming up with a more polite term for our bodily functions.

Last night we made ground turkey tacos with refried beans for dinner. Jadyn loves beans and they are so good for you, I really wanted to try and convince our picky eater Jake to at least give the beans an honest try. While I was so eloquently bargaining with him at the table, Joe chimed in;

"You know what beans do Jake? They make you have to fart!"

Although intriqued, Jake still was not going for it. Later toward the end of dinner, we had finally convinced Jake to try 2 hearty spoonfuls of the yummy cheesy beans. He took the first bite, swallowed and looked at us very confused and said;

"But I'm not farting!"

Apparently he thought it would be an instantaneous reaction but the only reaction he got was Joe and I laughing hysterically.

And yes, Joe has already taught him the trick about pulling your finger. Again, please don't judge.

4 comments:

LauraC said...

I would think all of this is training to become a "man." ha ha. Jon is so serious I can't imagine this scene happening in our house ever!

Joanna said...

You know, I might just try this approach. I mean really, what do you reward a kid that doesn't like food with? Farts! I love it!

Heidi O said...

I think that the finger trick was one of the first things that my son learned from my husband. Ah the giggles that ensued! We went to a chinese restaurant and ordered this dish with black beans and fish and my oldest just ate the beans. It was pretty funny to see him fish around for the beans.

Erin said...

Oh, i definitely won't be judging you...we say fart over here, too! Carter will let one rip, smile and say "Carter farted!" I think it's funny and i can't help but laugh.