Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Funny Nose Knows

#14 Impatience

Awhile back the kids and I participated in a play date based on the concept of April Showers Bring May Flowers in which we decorated flower pots and planted sunflower seeds. Being that I have a black thumb and we live in the desert, I had little hope of every seeing a flower sprout but Jake would water his faithfully and the first question to me in the morning would be, "Mom, did my flower grow up?". Unfortunately it never did and he sort of lost interest. To be honest I kind of felt bad, because I meant to just go buy a small potted flower from Wal-Mart, transfer it and tell him his flower grew up. But I forgot.

At this week's play date, the kids were given a bunch of summer beach goodies including a squirt gun. So we are sitting there on our towel, enjoying our potluck lunch when Jake starts squirting the grass. Then he looks at me dead serious and quite annoyed and asks, "Mom, why is my flower not growing up?" Apparently he thought it would just magically sprout from the ground. Not likely being that we were sitting on AstroTurf but it was a reminder. I need to go buy him a little flower because he truly does love and appreciate them. When we are lucky enough to be somewhere that has greenery and blooms, he always comments on how beautiful they are and ever so cautiously approaches them to drink in there fragrance without touching them because he seems to understand that they are fragile. I love that my kids enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

#15 The art of whining

So it should come to no surprise that since Jadyn is two, she has really mastered the whole whining thing. And she can seriously whine about anything at any given time, although it does tend to be magnified when she is tired. I try to mostly ignore it but I often have to address it by saying, "Jadyn, you don't have to whine about it.".

Now Jake can be whiny at times too, but flash forward to a scene where Jake is frustrated because he cannot fix his broken car himself. Not being whiny at all, he simply states, "Mom, I can't fix my car". Jadyn's response: "Jake, you don't have to whine about it. Yes that is right folks and I almost fell on the floor laughing.

#16 When she has been paid a compliment.

Thanks to Kaycee over at Life as a Mom at 21 for giving me this award:

If Kaycee would not have been the one to nominate me, she would have been first on my list as I check her blog daily (and I mean that too girl)! Thanks for the compliment.

The rules are..

1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. You must nominate fellow bloggers for this award.

So I would like to extend a couple of nominations to:

1. Bridget - Equilibrium
Her posts will make you laugh and cry at the same time. She always has a poignant message yet is very easy to relate to.
2. Laura C. - Laura's Mommy Journal
Again her posts will make you laugh and cry at the same time and are so eloquently written. Having twins seems to give her a lot of material!
3. Desi - The E Family in Sin City
Very entertaining writing style and there is just something about a vet in Vegas with a son the same age as Jadyn that leaves me in awe of her drive every time I catch up on her blog.


Just sharing the love ladies!

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Thank you! You will see this soon on my blog!

Kaycee said...

Thank you and you're welcome! I love your blog. It's so real and candid :)

I also loved the impatience story. So sweet :)