Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

This might be a little bit of a stretch as to what other people consider wacky but.......

I think it is pretty wacky that after 4+ years, I finally got to see my old friend Marilyn on Monday and she got to meet the kids for the first time. The last time we saw each other was at the baby shower we had for Jake. I think it is even more wacky that she casually tells me to bring our suits because they just had a swimming pool put in their yard. So we get there and we are chit-chatting when she asks Jake if he wants to go swimming. He's still a little out of it from the drive and not that sold on the idea so Marilyn tells him we will go look at the pool and then decide. So we go out to her yard and she has this amazing pool with rock work including a little cave with waterfall, slide and beach entry. Jake's eyes lit up to the size of golfballs and before we even realized what was going on, he had stripped his shirt off and was working on his shorts. Needless to say, he was ready to go swimming!

I also think it is pretty wacky when I tell people where I know Marilyn from. I met her when I was in 5th or 6th grade but we were not friends from school, soccer or dance team. No, her and I used to roller skate together - both hanging out at the rink on a Friday night AND taking lessons and competing on Saturdays as well. We formed a friendship and have just always kept in touch since then. And I have to say, we had such a nice visit on Monday; catching up, swimming and enjoying a nice lunch her hubby prepared for us. The kids had a blast and were so tired from swimming and going down the slide that Jadyn was passed out before I got down the street.

Marilyn's husband Greg was gracious enough to take these pictures of the kids and I in the pool. Unfortunately, I did not think to have him take a picture of me with Marilyn. I just hope it won't be another 4 years before we see each other again and hang out because it truly was a wonderful time.






And on that note, I have had a lot to say about friends lately, first with the bachelorette party and then with this recent visit with an old friend. It is something that has been on my mind a lot lately so don't be surprised if you see the subject revisited again soon.



2 comments:

Maria said...

Jen-
What a wonderful chance to reconnect. It looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Kaycee said...

That looks SO awesome!! How fun :) Glad you had a good time.

(btw there is something for you on my blog.)