Sunday, December 30, 2012

Santa Claus Came to Town Version 2012

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even the mouse.

Wait. We don't have a mouse. We do have the guinea pig and I am pretty sure he did his own thing that night.

So, after a 3 a.m. wake up call from Jake last year, Joe and I were sort of expecting the same this Christmas morning. Therefore as parents, we kept waking up, listening for the stirrings of the children and checking the clock. To our utter surprise, the kids didn't end up getting out of bed until after 6 a.m. Much better than last year!

And then the joyous chaos of Christmas morning.


IMG_3036-001

IMG_3037-001

And before you know it, the area around the tree looks like this:

IMG_3038

The kids both got the iPod touches that were on the top of their list. Jake also got a new bike (his old street bike was WAY to small for him) and some more Halo sets. Jadyn also got Bouncy my Happy to see me Pup, a pink Razor scooter, and a few other assorted crafty items and stuffed animals. And they then declared it The Best Christmas Ever!

We spent the morning playing with all our new toys and then got ready to make the drive to visit my Grandma Kat, along with a houseful of my Aunts and cousins. Unfortunately, the chaos of a Schexnyder Christmas does not lend itself well to picture-taking but it was very nice to see everyone (it had been too long) and after taking some time to warm up, Jake and Jadyn eventually played with their cousins and had a good time. I was also able to indulge in some of my Grandma's famous cooking including seafood gumbo and homemade pralines fudge. Yum-Yum!

This holiday I did miss not having my mom in town and the fact that I never got to see my brother and his family but other than that, I have to say it was a very nice Christmas, full of family, friends, too much food and plenty of fun-filled memories.

No comments: