Monday, December 31, 2012

My books of 2012

If you count the books I also re-read, I read 30 books this year. This is definitely the most I have read since becoming a mother and I love that reading is such an integral part of my life. And since it is such a big part of my life, I wanted to share those books that I particularly enjoyed this year.

I rate all the books I read on Goodreads on a 1-5 star scale. I had many books who I could only give 4 stars but I really wanted to give them 4.5. I just couldn't quite justify the full 5 stars. The ONE book I gave 5 stars to this year was...

The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

4 star books I really, really enjoyed and would be comfortable recommending were

The Passage by Justin Cronin (4.5 stars)
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (4.5 stars)
The Fault in our Stars by John Green (4.5 stars)
Before I Go to Sleep by S.J Watson (4.5 stars)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Ape House by Sara Gruen

Most of the other books I read I gave 3 stars too. I typically don't bother finishing books I would ultimately end up only giving 1 or 2 stars too. That said, the book I enjoyed the least this year was

The Kill Order by James Dashner (prequel to the Maze Runner trilogy, 2 stars)

Thanks to the Kindle gift card Santa brought me, I have already gotten several books to read in 2013 and added several others to my wish list, most from friend recommendations on Goodreads or best of the year lists from major publications. I think this next year will be another great year of reading.


1 comment:

Carrie said...

Love this post... I wanted to post the books I have read, and I like how you've listed them by how you rated them. May steal this idea! :)