Thursday, December 27, 2012

Knott's Merry Farm 2012

Last Wednesday before the break, the kids had a minimum day at school. We thought this would be the perfect chance to play hooky and head over to Knott's Berry Farm. Our friends the Millers and Tina's sister Diana with her two girls, also thought it was a great idea and decided to join us.

Knotts Merry Farm

The kids had a blast. The only low came when I convinced Jake to try and go on Montezuma's Revenge with me. Jake is not a fan of roller coasters but I thought going with his best friend Dominic and the lack of sideways movement might change his mind. This roller coaster, a personal favorite of mine, launches you from 0 to 55 in 3 seconds and then takes you on a 7 story loop forward and then again backwards. Needless to say that Jake was NOT a fan and proceeded to pout for about an hour afterwards, repeatedly asking me why I took him on the ride. Oops. Not one of my best mommy moments. I can't wait for Jadyn to get a little taller so I have someone to go on these rides with. Unfortunately this year she was just shy of the 48 inch height requirement.

I can't help but smile every time I see this picture:

IMG_1964-001

 Jake's favorite ride, the swings:

  IMG_1967-001

Jadyn's favorite rides were the ferris wheel and the "spinny" roller coaster of which I have no pictures because I was on the rides with her. But here she is with the girls hanging out with some gold miners:

  IMG_1969-001

 And the whole crew together on the air mail ride in Camp Snoopy:

  IMG_1960-001

A big shout out to Knott's Berry Farm for offering such a generous promotion to veterans during the months of November and December, making a yearly trip to this amusement park a family tradition. We've always enjoyed going and this year was no exception.

No comments: