Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Blogiversary

It was one year ago today that I decided to start this blog in an attempt to streamline the many places I was updating friends and family and journaling my adventures as a wife and mother as well as the kids development. This year has been one wild ride as I not only continued to witness tremendous growth of my children, but through this blog I also learned a lot about myself and made some friends I might not have otherwise gotten to know so well. I could not imagine this last year without it all.

I went back through and found a couple of my favorite posts from the last year and you know what I discovered? The posts I hold closest to my heart are the ones where I admit how hard it is to be a mother, some of the mistakes I have made on my journey and how flawed and imperfect I can sometimes be. And you know what? It doesn't matter. Because I know in my heart that when the kids are older and they look back at those posts, as well as everything else I blogged about in the last year they will know me for who I am. They will derive strength from my honesty and they will know that it is okay to not always be the best at everything you do, as long as you give it your all. They will know how much I care and how hard I try. They will know how much fun we have as a family and how much joy they bring me, and most importantly, they will know that they are loved - that I will always love them with every fiber of my being.

I knew This Day Would Come

Back to Reality

We've Come A Long Way Baby

And for my final posts of 2008, I am going back to my roots. Things have been so hectic with all the activities and holidays we encountered this fall that I have a notebook full of notes jotting down silly things the kids said and all the fun new things are doing. So I will be contributing two posts - one detailing the happenings of each of the kids that may have gotten missed in the last several months.

But just because 2008 is coming to a close and my blogiversary will have come and gone, does not mean the end of this blog but instead a beginning. The beginning of a new year, new goals, new challenges and new milestones. And I can think of no better way to document it all then right here.

Here's hoping everyone has a safe and fun time ringing in the New Year and may 2009 bring you joy and happiness.

3 comments:

Kaycee said...

Aw Happy One Year!! I love your blog :) Can't wait to read your favorite posts

Angela said...

Woman, quit making me cry!! I was feeling nostalgic already (we just celebrated our 6th anniv a few days ago and I just blogged about it) . . Happy new year and Happy Blogiversary sweetie!

LauraC said...

Happy blogiversary! I'm glad you decided to stick around. It really is amazing what kind of community you can build just by sitting in front of the computer. ha ha!