Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Memory Lane

As inspired by my fellow bloggers.

I was enjoying a post from Angela's Utter Chaos about her attempt to get a good holiday photo of her infant daughter, preschooler son and two dogs. I remember prior to having kids, Joe and I used to pose with the dogs for our annual Christmas card. On Jake's first Christmas, I attempted to include the dogs in our photo, but I never did get a decent shot, although looking back now I think one of them may have worked and I was being too picky. We finally got a good family photo with the dogs included for his 2nd Christmas but by the time Jadyn came along, there was just no way I was going to put myself through the stress of taking a good picture of two kids and two dogs. My hats off to Angela! So here are the photos from Christmas card past:

The one that didn't make the cut:

The picture we used on the card in 04:


Family holiday photo 2005:


And in 2006 we went with this one in black and white:

Last year of course I was so opposed to the stress of taking a good family photo that we used the one we had gotten on Thanksgiving, which I have just recently posted on my Thanksgiving Memory Lane.

Then of course there are the two photos from our Sears photo shoot that I didn't reveal with the others. These are two photos that are on the Christmas card for this year:


And this one, my personal favorite, although on the card it is in color:


Now as many of you have already seen, over on Kaycee's Life as a Mom at 22, she had posted a picture of her two sweet girls sleeping on the big bed together. Well it brought back quite the memories as I have a similar picture of my two kiddos doing the same:


And yes, I fit in that spot between them. But as I was telling Kaycee eventually the kids would start to roll over and snuggle with each other, thinking it was me. That was my favorite:


Another trend among fellow bloggers has been to share past and present pictures with Santa but I will save that one for tomorrow, quite possibly a good Wordless Wednesday. I am quite curious how Jadyn will do. The first two years she screamed and unfortunately I do not have a picture to post of her first year because it was a Polaroid. She is saying she wants to see Santa, whom will be visiting our play group tomorrow afternoon but we will just have to wait and see.

And for those who posted support and willingness to read my work, thank you! I will probably wait until after the holiday to send it out via email so if I don't already have your contact info, please send it to me at jenfen23@gmail.com.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Jenn- I love the pictures of Jake and Jaydn sleeping together, and the professional one of the two of them together. You can really see the love between brother and sister!