Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Candids

While we had several activities earlier in the week as well, including a visit from my Mom and George and our big Christmas Eve dinner with all of Joe's family, for now I am going to share just a few photos from Christmas Day:

Here are the kids upon discovering the playhouse Santa had left for them in the garage. It was too cold to be outside!

Jake opening a truck that stores all of his Nascar vehicles. Notice Jadyn's dollhouse in the background:


Jadyn and I being silly. She concentrated so hard when she opened her gifts, she never once looked up for me to take a good photo:

Our family all dressed up and ready to head over to my Aunt's house to celebrate with my side of the family:


And a Christmas edition of a Funny Nose Knows:

Jadyn has not gotten over her aversion to long car trips. When she is not sleeping, she is much harder to keep entertained than Jake was at the same age. Awhile ago when she was being particularly whiny on a car ride I explained to her that she was not tired or hungry. She was just bored. So today, she came up to me while I was finishing up some work on the computer and said, "Mommy, I am a bored!". Apparently, she wanted someone to play with her dollhouse with her. Of course, I obliged.

Jake announced today at dinner that if he ate all of his soup and raviolis that it would make his teeth shiny and white. I am not sure what gave him the idea that eating that kind of food was good for your smile, but it certainly put one on our face. Kids say the darnedest things!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hi lady! I found you thru Kaycee! I love your blog! Your kids are soo cute! My nephew still says the silliest things and he is 6! I hope he doesn't grow out of it!