Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Let It Snow

I was really going to attempt to make this a Wordless Wednesday, but atlas I could not contain myself from commenting. We got snow! And lots of it. Jake's school was canceled - our first ever snow day. I took the kids outside immediately after realizing that the steady rain had turned into huge flakes of snow and then again after lunch when we had a decent coating on the ground. The only problem was every time I turned around, Jadyn was eating the snow off any available surface. I also realized I have no knowledge of the proper mechanics for building a snowman but Jake and I did our best. You can see we had to scrape all the snow off the dirt around the entire radius of where our lil guy ended up. Oh, and the dogs loved it too. They stayed out there with us the whole time. It was so much fun. The only thing missing was Joe. He always seems to be gone when cool stuff like this happens. What can you do?

Our winter wonderland:




Here is Jake trying to catch a snowflake on his tongue. The idea came courtsey a Charlie Brown Christmas:




Jadyn's reaction to the snow:



Snowy Utah:



Snowy Nago:




Jadyn eating the snow:


And again:


And again:



And Again:





Ice skating in the driveway:



Getting ready to throw some snowballs:



Taking a pic of me in the snow via self-timer:


Making footprints in the snow:




Jake with our snowman:


6 comments:

Angela said...

i thought you lived in the desert?? :-) How beautiful, looks like the kids were really loving it.

Joanna said...

What is it with kids and eating snow? You did warn her about the yellow snow, right?

Steph said...

Wow! Everyone is getting snow this week! Looks like you had a fun time w/the kids and dogs.

Cooper, Bailey, and I were out in the snow last night too, but it was not the right type for a snowman. We're supposed to get between 6-10 inches in the next couple days, so I'm sure we'll be back out in it after that.

Jennifer Larson said...

Awesome!! I remember the last time it snowed there...I just wrote about it on my (new) blog (jenniferlarsonwrites.wordpress.com). I can't believe you had so much snow again!

Heidi O said...

Those are great shots.It looks like they had lots of fun!

Kaycee said...

OMG I can't believe yall got snow!!!! I want some..send it my way :) Jadyn was killin' me. That was hilarious, even my hubby was laughing.
Your snowman cracks my stuff up!! Nice job :P