Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Swamped

Things have been pretty hectic. First Jake got sick. Then Joe got to come home for the weekend and we went to Oak Glen for apple picking. On Sunday he practically insisted I take a break from the kids, so I went shopping with two of my girlfriends. The irony was not lost on me as I helped both of them pick out ball gowns for an event I was not attending. Unfortunately, my day did not end with me being saved by a dazzling vampire in a shiny silver Volvo and then eating mushroom ravioli at a quaint Italian restaurant, but I did get supplies to make Jadyn some korker hairbows.

Now Joe is back in Yuma (this is the last week thankfully), work has been steady for me and poor Jadyn caught whatever Jake had and barely has a voice to speak. I still have posts on tap chronicling some of the funnier things the kids are doing and saying that were left over from last month and now next week is going to be Halloween. Never short on blog material, I do seem to be short on time. So I leave you with a few random pictures:

Jake was getting ready for bed last night when he decided that his underwear made a cool hat. While I tried to explain that the garment that touches certain parts of our bodies may not belong on our head and face, I don't think me taking pictures and laughing did much to deter the antics.


And Jadyn, all smiles before Jake's soccer practice even though she is coughing so frequently she has pretty much completely lost her voice. She is sporting one of her new hairbows from Kaycee's Prissy Miss Boutique. And by the way, a big congrats to Kaycee who had her second baby girl, Carrah yesterday afternoon. We can't wait to see pictures of the new addition.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Boys are weird. Even though it encourages them, it's still worth taking pictures. They will so come in handy later.

LOL about the shopping.

Steph said...

I agree, it's good to have those pictures for when Jake is older. Sorry that both Jake and Jadyn are/were sick. Cooper is making a recovery from his ear infection here. Jadyn has such a great smile/pose in the picture and her hairbow is cute!