Monday, October 13, 2008

I Kissed A Girl

Background: I have been listening to a lot of music lately. After the kids morning cartoons, I usually put the TV on XM Radio. My channel of choice is Ethel which plays a cool mix of modern alternative rock with some favs from the 90's. Anyway, sometimes you just really a love a song for the beat of the music and "That's Not my Name" by the Ting Tings is case in point. Whenever it comes on I tell the kids, "It's Mommy's song!" and then we all stop whatever we are doing, I crank up the volume and we all dance around the living room. It's quite fun and silly.

Flash forward to last night. The kids and I are sitting in Panda Express grabbing a quick bite to eat after my niece's 5th birthday party, since we naturally have a few errands to run while in "civilization". The Katy Perry song "I kissed a Girl" comes on the tuner in the eatery and I have to say, I guess when you are 2 years old and used to hearing the likes of Coldplay, Weezer and Fall Out Boy, Katy Perry and the Ting Tings might sound similar but Jadyn yells out, "It's Mommy's song" and both Jake and Jadyn start rocking out right there in Panda Express. I froze, smiled shyly and looked quickly around and sure enough about 3 sets of patrons were staring intently at us.

Was it the kids dancing or the fact that a girl singing "I Kissed a Girl" was the name of Mommy's song? No one will ever know but it was pretty funny regardless.

3 comments:

Kaycee said...

LMBO! I bet you about died..haha!

I almost blogged about this song too a couple weeks ago. I started listening to kiddie music cd's in the car after cami started learning the words to "I kissed a girl"

Joanna said...

LOL! You've just got to love kids and the things they say. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of chances to get back at her when she's a teenager.

London said...

The question is: did you like it?

LOL I love that song too! I totally rocked out to it while I was running on my IL's treadmill, of course they weren't home at the time, they would have died!!!