Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Fair

For the last couple of years, we have made it a point to take the kids to the LA County Fair. It started off a couple of years ago, as something I wanted to do in case we left the area. At the time we were not sure if Joe was going to stay in the Marine Corps and where in the country or the world for that matter we might end up. I have a lot of fond memories of going to the fair growing up. Well, we had so much that first year that it has sort of become a tradition for us to try and make it every year.

The LA Country fair in particular is quite large and with 2 small children, there is no way to see and do everything in a day so we have our favorite activities planned out. This year the weather also limited our time there as it was still hovering near the 100's on that particular day. It's kind of hard to get into the spirit of Fall and harvest time when you are sweltering but what can you do? It is LA.

Here are the kids riding the tractors:



Feeding the goats:

Watching the intricate miniature train display:


The most fun? Something we can do at home - playing in the misters. That's one way to cool down:
On our way to the farm and petting zoo, we talked to the kids about which animals they wanted to see and pet. Jadyn was adamant that she wanted to ride a pony. We repeatedly asked her if she would be scared to which she replied, "I am not scared, I am happy!". And she was perfectly content right up to the point where the nice man took Jadyn from my arms and set her on the pony. Good thing they give refunds:


The Giant Slide. This is a fair favorite. I do believe Jake went down the slide 3 times last year while Jadyn cried because she was not big enough. I have no pictures of Jake going down this year because Jadyn was throwing such a fit that Joe could not take any. I guess she thought she wasn't going to get her turn again. But when she did, man I wish I had could have recorded her giggling the entire way down:

3 comments:

LauraC said...

Thispost makes me so excited to go to our state fair later this month!!! I can't wait! We went on the big slide last year and Jon and I were scared to death, as were the boys!

Angela said...

Garrett is uber jealous of the tractor pics :-) love the one of the 2 of you going down the slide. Fun!

Kaycee said...

OMG yalls looks like SO much more fun than ours!! Haha..ours is so craptastic.

Man, that slide looks awesome!! And awwww about her crying. That is scary for some strange man to take you away from your moma though.