Sunday, May 11, 2008

Xtreme Sports, Xtreme Trouble (The Lost Post)

After Jake's birthday, I hardly had time to catch my breathe. There were SO many photos and stories I wanted to share about his special week. In the midst of all this, not to mention the additional 2 birthday parties that following week, I completely forgot to post about our outing that following Saturday - April 26th. The Marine Corps base was hosting an open gate event where motorcycle riders from the X Games came to perform stunts, both street and dirt. We thought Jake (as well as big kid Joe) would get a kick out of watching the riders do tricks on their bikes, so we went for a couple hours that morning. Some of the things that can do on a bike are pretty incredible:









And Jake, as well as Joe, Jadyn and myself for that matter really enjoyed the show:






But here is the kicker. Jake has been riding his bike a lot lately and he got a Spiderman scooter for his birthday as well. At the park in Joshua Tree there is a skateboard park next door and he continually asks to take his bike or scooter in there to do tricks of his own. So maybe taking him to watch Xtreme sports was not such a good idea after all as he decided to take matters into his own hands. Remember the obstacle course I built for them during the cold winter months? Well, Jake found a new use for it:

Please don't judge me in that I chose to grab the camera and record him in the act rather than scolding him.
Xtreme sports? I think we may be in Xtreme trouble with our little daredevil.

1 comment:

-Bridget said...

Clever little daredevil! How cute!