Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Birthday Tradition

Monday I took Jadyn to get her 2 year pictures taken at Sears. Thanks to my new Smile Saver card I pay no sitting fee, get a free 8x10 and buy one get one free portrait sheets. Therefore, since I just gotten a ton of pictures at Easter, I ordered very lightly and spent only $12 still managing to get 5 sheets of pictures. Of course that could have something to do with the fact that I was not entirely pleased with the results of the photo session. After getting such wonderful shots at Easter, my expectations were quite high of course. But I specifically told the photographer that it was most important to get a picture of Jadyn with the oversized number 2, as I have pictures of Jake with the number of his birthday at 1, 2 and 3. While she told me she got the shot and we then moved on to another outfit and pose, when I went to view the pictures I was a little disappointed with the birthday shot. Joe thinks I am being too critical and he is probably right. Since I didn't purchase the CD, the only method I have of sharing the pictures is via the link from the Sears website here - they are a little small but you can get a pretty good idea. And I will then take this time to gratuitously share the birthday pics of past years:








I decided that the tradition needed an endpoint so since Jake had pictures taken at school and will ever year from now on, I did not take him for professional birthday pictures. Jadyn will thus have professional birthday pictures one last year on or around her third birthday and then move on to school pictures when she starts preschool that next fall. This plan can easily fall under the category of my need to plan WAY TOO FAR AHEAD into the future. LOL!

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

Aw! I think they turned out really good. Love the outfits she wore. And how cute are all the comparison pics!! Can you believe I haven't taken Cami to get hers done yet.. EEK! I'm slacking..hehe!