Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mach Go! Go! Go!

The wait is finally over. Speed Racer hit theaters this weekend and Jake and I waited in line (if you can believe that in our small community, an indication it will have huge box office numbers I am sure) to see it this afternoon. Coming in at a whooping 2 hours and 15 minutes and with a PG rating, I was a little unsure how Jake would do but the fast paced racing and cool effects were enough to keep entertained throughout waning only on 2 occasions of dialogue thick lulls. For me, it was about what I expected - more violent than I would have liked and a little heavy on the cheese factor, but watching Jake's face light up and the little grunts he made as the cars crashed into each other - well as the Mastercard commercial would say - priceless.

No comments: