Sunday, May 25, 2008

Pomp and Circumstance Part I

Jadyn had her last day of school at the YMCA Friday, which concluded with a small award ceremony and potluck brunch. Jadyn received a certificate for completing the year of "Playtime with Baby" and awards for learning her colors, shapes and counting to 10. I think her teacher was a little generous with the colors but we'll take it anyway:
For those actually moving into kindergarten next year, they actually have a graduation and therefore have little caps and gowns for them to wear, which were available for us to use to take pictures. Although Jadyn would have nothing to do with it, I did get a couple pictures of Jake:


Here is the only one of Jadyn donning cap but not the gown. You can tell I had to snap the picture before she tore the hat off her head:
Here the kids are with their teacher, Ms. Monique who will be moving back to Texas in a couple of weeks when her husband retires from the Marine Corps. She has been the kids YMCA teacher for the last 2 years and will be deeply missed:
Jake and Jadyn enjoying a snack:
After Jadyn took a nap, I took a couple more pictures of her with her award:
And I have to tell you the other day I was thumbing through sundresses at Targe' when Jake insisted I get this dress for Jadyn. I thought it was so cute of him to pick it out for her that I just HAD to buy it, even though she really did not need anymore summer dresses:
Jake has school all this next week in preparation for his assembly/graduation at preschool Friday. While he will not be graduating, he will participate in the ceremony and has already given me a preview of at least one of the songs we will be hearing. Thus, stay tuned for pomp and circumstance Part II later this week.

2 comments:

Kaycee said...

Happy graduation to you kiddos! I love the dress and how neat that he picked it out for her!

Karla said...

What little girl does not need another dress???? ;)