Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hot, Hot Hot!

Last week was incredibly hot. The reality is it probably was not any hotter than most of the summer (100 degree temps coupled with some humidity) but since we were running around to school and playdates instead of swim lessons and pool parties, it just seemed hotter. Tuesday, determined to stick to our new routine, the kids and I went to the park so I could walk a few miles. Jake can now ride his bike, which means I could push the umbrella stroller with Jadyn instead of the double stroller with both of them (an entirely different workout, trust me). I decided that due to the heat and the fact that I am out of shape, Jake and I could slowly build back up our endurance. We went a mile and half and then I let the kids play at the park. By 10:30am it was so hot, all I wanted to do was go home and jump in the pool.

Thursday, I woke up and took the trash bins out. It was already blaringly hot and Jake was not even awake yet. I decided there was no way I was going walking, so we decided to go to the splashground park instead - kind of a last hoorah since they close during the week after Labor Day. We went wtih the Castillo Clan (Jake's best friend Adan, his sister Adalia and my close friend Danielle) and the kids had a blast.






And as it turned out, our summer activities were not even close to over yet. So stay tuned to hear about our Labor Day weekend.

1 comment:

Angela said...

That looks like fun! I keep forgetting things like this CLOSE elsewhere in the world, lol. Gotta love FL. We have a similar one here and G loves it. LOVE the pictures of the kids with their backpacks--Jake looks so grown up!