Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day Back at School

Jake had his first day back at preschool on Wednesday. I can't believe it has been a year since I first dropped him off that faithful morning. I still remember it like it was yesterday. I was so nervous. However, he was so excited to be in this big classroom with all the new toys, playing with his classmates. I'm not sure when he even took note that I had left. And I recall going shopping with Jadyn afterward, slightly teary-eyed and feeling as if I had lost an appendage. It was so weird not to have him there. When I went to pick him up there was no sign of abandonment on his face as I have half expected. Instead his face lit up and he ran to me, excited to tell me all about his new experience at school.

Well obviously there was little nerves on Wednesday. I knew he would do fine and Jake had been asking to go back to school ever since the 4th of July. Here is a pic of my lil man before taking him to class. He is growing up TOO fast. I was sorting pictures out from last year to put in albums. When did he lose that baby face?


And here he is looking too cool for school:

Since Jake had his backpack, Jadyn of course had to wear hers as well. However cute this was, my attempt at getting a cute picture of her with it on failed miserably:



So upon arriving at school, Jake ran in to greet his teachers and show off his new backpack before diving into the play area with his familiar classmates from last year. At one point, the teacher brought a new student over to introduce to the group and Jake eagerly offered a welcome, "Hi, my name is Jake!". And this coming from a child who was once painfully shy. Jadyn wanted to stay and play too. So much so that when it was time for us to leave I had to drag her out kicking and screaming. I guess there is little doubt that she will do just fine when she starts preschool next year.

Jadyn also had her first day of Kindermusik this week (now last week, sorry I am so behind on posting). Here she is excited as ever to go to "music class".

I am pretty excited about her new semester of Kindermusik. The theme centers around helping around the house. The first song we learned was called, "Dust, dust, dust!". While Jake was at school on Friday, Jadyn and I sang the song as she helped me "dust" the living room. It came in handy as keeping her occupied with Jake gone is not an easy task.

And so we are setting into our new fall routine. However, since it is still warm and summer is not yet technically over, we have had some new recent water adventures. And that I will save for my next post.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Aw, Jake looks like such a big kid with his backpack all ready for school! And, for not being able to get a good picture you got a good picture of Jadyn too!