Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Funny Nose Knows

#22 The meaning of the word contradiction.

Jake had long ago decided to be a race car driver for Halloween but we are still at an impasse with Jadyn. She is still deep in her dress aversion and yet every time I ask her what she wants to be for Halloween she says a princess. When I gently remind her that princesses wear dresses she says she does not want to wear a dress. Hmmm. Someone suggested Jasmine from Aladdin who is a princess but does not wear a dress. However, I have yet to find a Jasmine costume I like and I don't sew. So we are still at an impasse.

#23 How to butter mommy up.

The other day I was reading both kids a bedtime story, after which it was time to lie down for bed. Joe usually puts Jake to bed while I put Jadyn down. Well Jake informed me that tonight he wanted to lay down with Mommy to which I reminded him that he normally lays down with Daddy and that Jadyn needed me.

When I then asked him why he wanted me to put him to bed on this particular night his response just melted my heart, "Cuz your so pretty mommy" as he reached out to give me a big hug and gave me a sly unsure grin.

Of course, this worked like a charm and he got his wish. We switched for the night so I could put my lil guy to bed. He may not be clingy and shy like he once was, but he is still a Mamma's boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dont little moments like that just melt your heart. It is definitley one of the rewards to being a mom. Noah just started saying beutiful the other day, and noe he tells your beautiful mom, and my heart just melts.