Sunday, September 7, 2008

T.V. Overload

We have a busy Sunday planned. Most of it revolves around the T.V.

First of all today is the first Sunday of the regular NFL season. Joe's Redskins already played (and unfortunately lost) Thursday and the Packers are on Monday night. However, I am sure with our NFL Sunday Ticket we can find a good game or two. Maybe we will watch the Jets/Dolphins game, assuming I can bring myself to watch Favre in a Jets jersey. I guess I will have to get used to it because in the end, I am still a cheesehead.

Photobucket

Secondly, weather permitting the stage is being set for the NASCAR Chase for the Cup series in Richmond today. Jake and Joe are Dale Jr. fans but really we would be happy just so long as front runner Kyle Busch does not win.

Thirdly the MTV VMAs are on tonight. Honestly I cannot sit through this entire show but thankfully I have TiVo to forward through the less than desirable segments and numerous commercials. I am just as giddy as a school girl though because the cast of Twilight (Rob Pattison in all his hotness included) are going to be presenting AND I am very curious at to what Britney will do this year.

And finally, since we got HBO free with the Sunday Ticket, I am going to check out their new series True Blood that starts tonight. It is of course about vampires. Maybe I will like it because of Twilight and the Anne Rice series. Or maybe I will hate it for the same reasons. At any rate, I am curious.

I guess I better go get the laundry and other chores done so I can park my rear on the sofa. Everyone needs a good lazy Sunday now and then.

2 comments:

London said...

Oh I'm going to have to try to sneak in the VMAs on commercials of the football game tonight!! I also wanted to tell you I LOVE that Coldplay song at the top of your playlist~

LauraC said...

OK I had to go to bed early bc what is UP with the vmas?! Who is this host and could things get more inappropriate?

Also I felt really sad that I remembered the first VMA. 25 years?! Is that for real?!

PS. Now I don't think I can be blogfriends with you. Jon is a diehard Vikings fan. He grew up in Fargo. He hates cheeseheads. Good thing I don't give a crap about football. My dream has always been to have Jon and our kids watch tv all day Sunday to be mommy's day!