Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Celebrations

The chance to celebrate love and marriage abounded for us this weekend as we attended two wedding events. On Friday, one of Joe's co-workers and friends had chosen this very specific date (08/08/08) for his nuptials. And his now wife had her heart set on a gorgeous gazebo setting overlooking the ocean in Laguna. However, not being the only one with this idea in mind necessitated that they have the wedding at a sort of unconventional time - 10am. So we drove up to the in-laws Thursday night to make the trek shorter the following morning and were therefore very conveniently able to have Grandma and Grandpa watch the kids so that Joe and I could celebrate the romantic occasion by ourselves. It is however, only days away from a pretty big celebration of our own. But I think I have mentioned once, twice or maybe more how our TEN YEAR wedding anniversary is fast approaching. I digress.

The wedding was beautiful. The rooftop reception overlooking the beach was quaint and lovely. Here is a couple of pictures of Joe and I. While I normally would not share boring pictures of just us (sans kids), I cannot remember the last time we both got dressed up. I do wish the one at the beach would have turned out better. Such a beautiful setting!


Saturday afternoon we attended a wedding reception for our friend Deanna (whose bachelorette party I had recently attended). She and her now husband Billy had wed in Vegas the weekend before. It was quite a party! The kids had a blast swimming, Jake even jumping off the diving board "all day" as he put it. The most memorable portion of the evening was the tearful toasts and funny ancedotes. I have to retell my favorite and Deanna, if you are reading this I really hope you don't mind but it is so cute!

So Deanna reminds us how much she (as many of us) hate it when Mom is right and her Mom used to say to her, "You are not going to find your husband in a bar" to which Deanna would reply, "Well Mom, it's not like he is going to show up on my doorstep".
So here is the punchline - Deanna and Billy met when he came to install cable in her new place. How is that for irony!

So to Deanna and Billy, we wish you nothing but the best. And here are a few pictures of the kids enjoying themselves in the pool.





Cheers to the happy couples!

No comments: