Thursday, August 14, 2008

Musings

I have readded a music playlist to my blog. For those who may not want to listen, I have kept it at the very top of my sidebar so it is easily accessible to pause. I had taken the playlist down awhile back so people could listen to the audio on some video clips I had posted. Music has always been a huge part of my life but I do change what I listen to depending on my current life situation. I have discovered some great new artists (and songs) as well as re-discovered some music I once loved through Stephanie Meyer's playlists for the Twilight Series. I absolutely love how the music inspired her writing and it makes me feel even more connected to the characters and stories that I have been so inexplicably consumed with.

I remember quite distinctly telling everyone that as soon as I finished the fourth and final book of the Twilight Series, my obsession would be over just as quickly as it began. Boy was I wrong.

I really debated posting about this. But in the end I think there is enough of my blog buddies who have or are reading the books that I can probably get away with it. And maybe if I talk about it enough, some of my friends in real life will pick up the books so I can have someone to discuss them with in person. LOL! At any rate, if I am boring you or you have no idea what I am talking about then you can skip this post. I won't be offended.

You know you are obsessed when it starts to creep into your every day life. At the wedding last Friday, Joe saw something in the ocean and made a comment about the Loch Ness monster. I started laughing hysterically. He looked at me like I was crazy. The only response I could muster was, "You wouldn't understand, it's a Twilight thing".

And finally for THOSE who have or are reading the books, I am declaring myself:
I know it seems silly being that I know how the story turns out but after re-reading New Moon and Eclipse, I have a newfound need to remain neutral.

So with that, I return to my every day life. Enjoy the music!

2 comments:

London said...

LOL about team Switzerland. I've never listened to any of SM's play lists, I'll have to check them out.

-Emmettalie (That's my Twihard nick-name ha!)

Joanna said...

Oh, I was afraid there were going to be spoilers. I really need to get through Breaking Dawn.