Sunday, June 1, 2008

¡Feliz cumpleaños!

Yesterday was Jadyn's birthday party. Since her birthday landed on a Saturday this year we actually got to have her party on her birthday, which is pretty neat. We had the party at a park in Joshua Tree that has a concrete splashground, since normally it is very hot this time of year in the desert. Although it was plenty warm to get wet, it turned out to be milder than I originally thought so at least us adults were not melting away in the process. Some of the kids loved the water, some were a little more hesitant but add a playground, cupcakes, pinata and some shovel and pail goody bags and I think most of the kids had a good time. Jadyn of course was overwhelmed and didn't quite get that all the fuss was for her but we made it through the party without any classic toddler tantrums so I consider it a success.

Here she is "playing in the water". I use the term loosely because she mostly just ran across the bridge and back and didn't really get that wet:


Here is Auntie Leigh and cousin Aidan aka "Bubba"
Birthday girl with Mommy:
Birthday girl with Daddy:
So excited to see her "Dora" cupcake cake:
She did like her cupcake. That made her smile:
Opening gifts with LOTS of help from big bro:
I had to rely heavily on pictures taken at home after the party and more importantly AFTER nap time. Unfortunately it is hard to get good pics in the midst of throwing a party and Jadyn was just so overwhelmed that she was not cooperating much for the camera. What can you do? So here she is opening presents from Mommy and Daddy at home:
New babies and baby gear:

Family photo:
Showing off her new baby and stroller AND her new playhouse in the background:
Singing again at home:
Once again the cake puts a smile on her face:
I know she is not looking at the camera but I love this picture and BTW was that party hat too much or what? It was perfect for my lil Birthday Diva. It even had the same colors as all her Dora themed partyware:
And I have to share that Saturday night my sister in-law Leigh and I had a ladies night out while the boys stayed home watching the kids so we could go catch the new "Sex in the City" movie. It was SO nice not to go see a movie that was not rated G and boy was this ever NOT rated G. Although I cannot say the movie was great, it was pretty well done. They did a good job continuing from the series and I had a absolute blast going to see it.

And so with Jadyn's big day now behind us, birthday season is officially winding down.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Happy Birthday Jadyn!!! Looks like a fun time was had by all. I actually pretty much forgot to take pictures while we were celebrating Cooper's b-day this year!

-Bridget said...

Happy birthday Jadyn! What a fun time!

LauraC said...

Happy birthday Jadyn! Love the family picture!

(PS I commented! haha!)

Angela said...

Love the pics--the pigtails are too much!! My fav is that first picture though :-)