Friday, June 6, 2008

A Funny Nose Knows

#12 How to tell a fish tale.

So the other day I am about to use the restroom when Jake gets on our bed and starts jumping. He then exclaims that he is going to flip backwards and spin and before I could tell him no I hear a loud clunk. I turned around to see Jake flat on his back in the entrance of our master bathroom. Of course I freaked out because he had hit his head on the tile and of course he was crying hysterically. I do what I think most mommies would do - I check for blood first and goose eggs second. We are in the clear. So I focus on calming him down and then return to my original purpose, which was to use the restroom. Jadyn comes toddling in and in the most sincerest and concerned voice she asks Jake if he is okay. He then proceeds to tell her that he fell off the bed into the kitchen (I am pretty sure he meant bathroom) and almost landed on the toilet. Now I know most of you do not know the layout of my house, let alone the bathroom, but let me assure you he was nowhere near the toilet. I was busting up laughing but the best part was Jadyn eating it all up and responding, "Really Jake? Wow! Scary!".

#13 When he can go on a plane.

Awhile back we covered the topic of Jake wanting to ride the school bus and how I arbitrarily told him that he could ride it when he was six. Well the other day we were in the parking lot of Sam's Club, which is one town over from Palm Springs airport and we see a huge passenger plane that has just taken off. While the kids delight in watching the plane as I think most kids do, Jake tells me he wants to ride that plane and then asked me how old he has to be. I love the way he makes those connections now. So I try to explain to him that people go on planes when they need to go somewhere far far away and sure enough the next time we were getting ready to visit Joe's parents Jake exclaimed that Grandma and Grandpa's was far far away and we had to get on a plane. He was pretty disappointed when I told him it was not that far away but it has yet to stop him from trying to get us to fly in a plane every time we are going somewhere. Someday Jake, someday.

1 comment:

DesiDVM said...

This reminds me of a story my mom tells of how me and my twin sis asked her what we would eat for lunch when we started kindergarten. For whatever reason (probably trying to be funny) she told us "bread and water." This was maybe 3 months before school started. On the first day of school I started crying hysterically and when she asked why, I said, "I don't want to eat bread and water!" Kids are great.