Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Vegas Birthday Surprise

Sunday we went to Vegas for the day to celebrate my Aunt Bunny's 70th birthday. The reason you had not heard about this momentous occasion beforehand was that the party was a surprise and my Aunt happens to be one of my loyal readers. In fact there were several occasions when I thought I might accidentally spoil it. But I didn't. Phew!

So Joe, myself and the kids along with 30 other relatives on my mom's side of the family who came from all over the country managed to surprise my Aunt at a dinner Sunday evening. She was blown away to say the least. And the really cool part for me was seeing all these relatives, many of whom I have not seen in so long, they had never met Joe (never mind the kids too) and one cousin even commented that he swore the last time he saw me I was in a stroller. You know what? I believe him!

Here is Jadyn dancing with her second cousin Sydney:

Here is my mom with her brothers and sisters from right to left: Uncle Skip, Aunt Bunny, my mom Kelly, Aunt Janet and Uncle Larry. My mom has one other brother, my Uncle Bob who has passed on:

Here is the ENTIRE crew from dinner. The waitress was kind enough to take all our cameras and take pictures for all of us:


Here I am with the guest of honor:


And my Mom and I during dinner. After she is done in Vegas her and hubby George are coming to our house for their annual summer visit:

Of course I wish I had gotten more pictures of us with all the family but it was very overwhelming for me, Joe and the kids. Overwhelming and yet so fun.

But our adventure in Vegas does not end at the dinner party. So stay tuned.

1 comment:

Kaycee said...

Aw i'm glad yall had a good time. I love your shirt!