Monday, June 16, 2008

When the kids grow up

The other day we were watching a segment on Nick Jr where some kids were talking about what they wanted to be when they grow up. Jake quickly jumped in exclaiming "I want to be a race car driver!" No surprise there right? That is why it is so neat that I found this cool blinky:

Photobucket


But here is the kicker. Jadyn who was also watching the segment on TV and after hearing Jake's pronouncement replied, "I want to be a baseball player" and I just love that she came up with that by herself. And you know what, maybe that is exactly what she will be when she grows up.

And speaking of what to be, when we were in the car the other day Jake asked if his birthday was coming and I rattled off all the months that were to come before he had another birthday. Sensing his disappointment, I started talking about all the neat holidays and seasons we had coming up and during this I mentioned Halloween and reminded him of how much he loved trick or treating last year. I then asked him what he wanted to be for Halloween and NOT quite understanding the question he replied, "chocolate". Upon clarification he eventually told me he wanted to be a race car driver. Again no surprise.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Okay, I want to see the chocolate costume, lol!! :-) He's such a character!

Steph said...

I like the chocolate costume idea! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

I want to be chocolate too!!!