Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wound up and winding down

This past Saturday was the 2nd to the last game of the season. Between daylight savings and the weather cooling down, I will be glad not to be sitting at the field for practice 4 evenings a week, but honestly, I am a little sad that the season is ending because I love soccer and I love watching the kids play. And Saturday Jake was ON FIRE scoring 3 goals and playing some awesome defense.

At one point during the game, the coach yelled out to Jake something to the effect of, "Someone sure did have their Wheaties for breakfast this morning!". Not understanding the reference, Jake stopped and looked at him replying, "No, I had bacon and toast."


It has also been a joy to see Jadyn get more and more aggressive on the field. I even had a parent from another team remark at how well she played during the game. She seems especially unafraid when playing goalie. Maybe she will take after me - I played goalie for several years during my "soccer career". At any rate, it doesn't look like she will be choosing between soccer and ballet anytime soon. And next year she will move up a division and no longer play co-ed, which I look forward to.



As you can see from the pictures, the matching "team spirit" hair color has somehow become a weekly ritual, almost part of their uniforms. To that end, I am kind of glad next week is their last game.

No comments: