Wednesday, November 23, 2011

For Days Like This

I am thankful for days like this and for all that it represents.




I am thankful to have the opportunity to spend quality time with my two beautiful children.


I am thankful for the beautiful weather, the changing seasons and the chance to be out and enjoy nature.


I am thankful that although it meant he couldn't be with us on this day, Joe has a job that he likes and is good at and that furthermore,he provides so much for us.

I am thankful that we are all in relative good health.

I am thankful that my children get along so well.





I am thankful that they can be goofy and silly and make me laugh almost daily.


I am thankful for a daughter who wears her heart on her sleeve, even if that means she can be overly emotional at times.



I am thankful for a son who is helpful and sweet and sensitive to the needs of others.



I am thankful for a house we have made our home and for pets who can be an integral part of our family .

I am thankful for those serving our country and their families, making sacrifices daily so that we can live free and be protected from harm.

Although I am grateful for all these things on a daily basis, I think Thanksgiving is the perfect time to not only be thankful but to really celebrate it.

And I am especially thankful for all my family and friends near and far and I wish each and every one of you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Love the picture with the leaves in her hair, although there is some really good shots of them together, too! Happy Thanksgiving!

Angela said...

Well said girlie. Well said. Hope you had an amazing holiday!!!

and totally never thought of seeing the over-emotional girlie craziness in that light (heart on her sleeve)--will have to try and think of it like that more often. Perhaps it will bring me more patience!