When I wrote the last post about feeling like a rock star mom, it was precisely because there are so many times where I feel I fall short. But I don't dwell on that either. While I know I am not perfect, I am not trying to be either. I am just trying to do my best just as I expect from my kids.
So here are some of my "less than perfect" mommy confessions:
1) I am not crafty or culinary in nature. My kids Halloween costumes and birthday cakes are store bought (or made by others).
2) I sometimes let the kids watch an extra cartoon or spend more time playing video games because I am on the computer. While sometimes I am genuinely trying to get work done, more often than not I am just talking to friends on Facebook or Twitter or trying to finish up a blog post.
3) I sometimes skip reading with them at night because we are running behind schedule from watching an episode of Billy the Exterminator or our newest favorite, Top Shot.
4) I lose my patience and yell much more often than I would like, although I also apologize for it when I am out of line.
5) I sometimes let them have junk food for a snack because I don't have the energy to argue with them about why they should be choosing a fresh fruit instead.
6) Little Caesar's $5 Hot and Ready pizzas, at least once a week, sometimes twice during the summer.
7) I sometimes have to lie about having seen a dance move or soccer play during practice because I was too busy talking to my friends.
8) I need a lot of Mommy alone time and girls nights.
9) When I am really struggling with my anxiety, I have a hard time concentrating. I forget what the kids said they wanted for breakfast and have to ask a second or third time.
10) I sometimes encourage them to color with crayons instead of playing with paint or Play-Doh because I don't feel like cleaning up the mess.
So there you have 10 "I am most definitely a less than perfect" Mommy confessions. It feels good to get that off my chest. Anyone want to share some of theirs?