1) Last week was just a little crazy. I was getting ready to host my first Thanksgiving dinner, the kids were off from school, the weather outside was frightfully cold and we got our backyard patio and sidewalk concrete put in. The kids are so thankful to have somewhere to play other than the dirt, that even though the high yesterday was 45 degrees, they bundled up and went outside armed with sidewalk chalk and their scooters. I can't wait until we can do the rest of the hardscape.
2) Biopsy results for Nago's tumor was both good and bad news. The bad news is that it was cancerous - a nerve sheath tumor. The good news is that he was able to excise the tumor with clean margins and there is no signs of metastasis. If we were exclusively trying to prolong her life then we would pursue radiation, chemotherapy and/or amputation of her limb since recurrence is common. However, since both because of her age and our philosophy about pets, Nago's quality of life is our priority so we are just going to take a wait and see approach and watch for symptoms that it may be coming back. Otherwise, she is recovering from her surgery very well and is eager to get back to her neighborhood walks.
3) As many of you know Joe, I and the kids are all HUGE Harry Potter fans and we have seen all the movies (multiple times). Even though the series has progressively gotten a little darker, the kids were both very eager to see the new movie SO, we decided to take them with us Saturday to see Deathly Hallows Part 1. Yes we got a few odd looks and the ticket taker automatically assumed we were there to see Tangled (which Jadyn and I would like to eventually see). That said however, both Jake and Jadyn sat through the entire 2 1/2 hour movie, loved it and couldn't believe their was still going to be another one. As long as they enjoy it and it doesn't frighten them, I really don't see a problem with seeing a movie like this as a family but I have to admit, I was a little surprised they both did so well watching such a long movie in the theater.
4) Did I mention how cold it has been?
5) Twilight Eclipse comes out on DVD Saturday and I could actually care less. I mean I still want to get it and watch it again if your looking for a gift idea for me but really the obsession has waned. I love, love, love the books but I am disappointed in the movie franchise. I still can't believe they are making Breaking Dawn into two books. Not deserving at all! And if anyone is looking for the next great YA series in the same vein of Twilight or Hunger Games, I just read a great review about a book called Matched by Ally Condie. This one is also on my Christmas wish list.
6) The day after Thanksgiving I took down all my fall decorations and got all the indoor Christmas decorations and tree up. I love transforming the house like that in one day.
7) Seriously? If it's going to be this cold, I would prefer it just get it over with and snow.