Monday, July 6, 2009

Magoomba Monday #13

1) I really wanted to share this one last picture of us from our beach trip. I had not downloaded a few pictures that were on my other POS camera. While I do sometimes coordinate outfits amongst us, this was a sheer coincidence. Jadyn and I before heading over to the BBQ that Saturday evening:


2) Last Monday after returning from our long weekend at the beach, we took Jadyn to her first day of dance camp. Although Jadyn repeatedly told me that she wanted to take dance lessons, after such a shaky start to swim lessons, I had my doubts. I tried to take on a "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" attitude but it probably didn't help that she was also tired from our trip. So, it didn't really work out and at least now we know she is not quite ready for such an endeavor. And on the plus side, we have super cute pictures like this of her dressed up in her leotard and dance skirt:


3) On Tuesday, I was attempting to catch up on chores after being gone for four days when I completely tweaked my back rendering me pretty much useless. In fact, if you noticed that I didn't blog much last week, it wasn't because we were so busy (which we were by the way) but because I felt like a shard of bone was broken off and stabbing my right hip every time I sat down. On the plus side, while I am still fairly sore, I am feeling better and am scheduled to start physical therapy this week. Wish me luck!

4) Wednesday evening the girls and I made our way down to the Cheesecake Factory so we could have a celebratory girls night since my friend Michaela is preparing to move in a week or so. In this regard, living in a military community sucks because I hate saying goodbye. On the plus side, my raspberry-lemon cheesecake was delicious.

5) On Thursday, my Mom and her husband George came down for their semi-annual visit and we had a nice day catching up and playing in the pool before heading over to Jake's first t-ball game of the summer season. Jake was able to show off his batting and fielding skills and was quite proud to have extra fans in the bleachers.

6) Friday we took my Mom and George with us for a day trip to the river and we had a great time showing them our favorite pastime. While it was a little busier than we had hoped as everyone seemingly had the day before the 4th off, we still had a spot at our favorite sandbar and spending the day on the water was a great way to beat the 100+ heat we have been experiencing. I never did get any good pictures of my mom with the kids but Jake sure did make a new friend. Why do I imagine that his girlfriends are going to be taller than him?





7) Saturday was of course the 4th and as per tradition we headed down to my brother's for a BBQ and went to their local park to watch the fireworks. For a recap of the significance of the 4th of July in our family (besides the obvious), you may want to refer to my post from last year. This year was a lot of fun, especially after the fireworks when everyone had partook in a few beverages. My sister in-law Tawnya and I were determined to get Joe to wear this mad hatter style 4th of July hat and the ensuing battle ended up with Joe wounded and the picture in question mysteriously erased from my camera. More on this year's ode to the red, white and blue to come.

Until then, I hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Little girls in ballet outfits are just so, so, so cute.

It looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend. I'm sorry about your back. I hope the PT helps you feel better soon.