Tuesday, July 14, 2009

On Being Mommy

First of all, for those who don't already know, Joe likes to make fun of the amount of time I spend blogging. I don't really think it's excessive when you consider the fact that it is a hobby AND I also think that down the road he will thank me for having written down all the memories from this time in our life. Ah, but I digress.

So the other day, Jadyn puts on my sunglasses and flip-flops and says she is being mommy. I then told her she needed a purse and a water bottle, which she quickly agreed and added the said items to her ensemble. Joe then mentioned that she needed a phone (again meant to be a jab but really I am not really the type of person who spends all day talking and texting on my phone, not that there is anything wrong with that. Ah, but I digress again.)



I then asked her what else she needed to be mommy and she said coffee. I agreed and gave her one of my empty travel mugs. I asked her one more time if she needed anything else and Jake said she needed a book. This put a smile on my face because if this is something they feel is an integral part of who I am (loving both reading and books) then I see that as nothing but a positive thing.

Once we were all done, I exclaimed that Jadyn had everything she needed to be mommy. But of course then Joe chimed in that if she really wanted to be mommy, now she needed to go blog about it.

Touche Joe. Touche. And of course I just had to go and prove him right.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

So, I'm just wondering...do your spend more time blogging each week, or does he spend more time drinking beer each week? Just wondering.
(Keep in mind, I do both ; )

rose said...

love it! and there isn't anything embarrassing in there!