Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer

I missed Magoomba Monday yesterday. Hopefully this post will explain why.

I have been feeling rather lazy.

Don't get me wrong. We have been busy. But it has kind of been a lather, rinse, repeat kind of week so I wasn't really feeling it when it came to blogging. I have been working, going to physical therapy and trying to get in better shape. The kids are finishing their second session of swim and Jake is still playing t-ball. We went to the river again, this time with my brother and his family. We have had lots of downtime at home to play, swim and watch all the Harry Potter movies together as a family. To give you an idea of what is like to try and watch a movie together as a family, take this picture from Sunday afternoon taken in the middle of Harry Potter 5: The Order of the Phoenix:


It's not that we weren't enjoying the movie. We all just fell asleep (except for Joe obviously, who took the picture). We had been up late, whooping it up at Scottie and Ali's where the adults were playing poker and the game, while fun, dragged on and got a little competitive. I am happy to report that I walked away with the pot. This after not playing in who knows how many years. It was fun.

So if my blogging continues to be less than regular, rest assured that we are all okay. Well, as okay as you can be when daytime highs are hitting well over the 100's and humidity is causing the swap cooler to work at less than optimal levels. I have kind of a love/hate relationship with summer. It would actually make a great topic for future blog posts and don't get me wrong - I have stuff to blog about. I just haven't felt like doing it because frankly, I am too busy embracing the lazy days of summer.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

What an AWESOME picture!

Carrie said...

Ahhh...if only my kids would nap like that. I would love to snuggle like that as a family! SUCH a cute picture!