Monday, July 27, 2009

Magoomba Monday #15

1) This last week I registered Jadyn for preschool. It may not seem like a big deal given that we have known for quite some time that she would be going to the same school Jake did the in the fall but for some reason, it does seem like a big deal. Actually registering her makes it all the more real that for the first time in 5 years I am regularly going to be kidless for 6 hours a week.

2) Thursday was just one of those amazingly busy but wonderfully fun days. We started the morning off with the last day of swim lessons. As predicted, this session was exactly what both kids needed to really advance their skills and if you saw the video I posted from the week before, you saw that Jake is now jumping in the pool and swimming a good distance. As well, Jake has also figured out how to do a complete front flip off the diving board. What I didn't expect however, was for BOTH kids to pass their current levels. I could not have been more proud. Jake will now move on to Level 2 and after jumping off the diving board ALL BY HERSELF, Jadyn will now move on to preschool 3 starting next summer. Congrats to both my little fishies!

After the pool we went to Ms. Nancy's so both kids could get their hair cut and then we bolted over to the library for their summer reading program. On schedule for the day was Mr. Twister the balloon man. The room was packed with around 50 kids and their caregivers, but I would say it was still totally worth it. Mr. Twister was very entertaining and each kid received 2 balloons after the show with instructions on how to make a few simple shapes and animals. I was able to take the kids balloons and make two swords, a fish and a hummingbird. You may not be impressed, but the kids definitely were:


We spent Thursday afternoon laying around and recouping from our busy morning before heading back out for Jake's t-ball game that evening.

3) Friday our friend Ali took us all to the SNCO/Officer pool on base. It's a really nice pool with a slide and kiddie area but the best part was we were the only ones there for the majority of the 3 hours we spent splashing around. I couldn't believe it. It was no surprise that Jake went straight for the slide. We couldn't quite get Jadyn to go down the slide but she had fun nevertheless. Here she is in the water with Ali:


4) Saturday we had Scottie, Ali and the Castillo clan over for a yummy dinner before heading to the drive-in to see Ice Age 3 and The Proposal. It worked out perfectly as the kids fell asleep on an air mattress in the back of Scottie's truck during the second movie. I have heard a lot of people say they didn't think the third Ice Age was as good as the first two, but I disagree. I thought it was pretty cute and The Proposal, although not going to win any awards was funny and entertaining. Another fun and busy summer day!

5) Sunday we didn't do much but because we were still tired from the previous days of fun, Jadyn chose to pass out in the middle of cleaning up before quiet time. I am starting to give some credence to Ali's claim that Jadyn might very well be narcoleptic. Seriously, she has puzzle pieces that fell from her hand onto her backside.


I feel like lately, all the pictures I post of Jake are of him in the water and in all the pictures I post of Jadyn she is sleeping, like in this one where Jazz is cuddled up with her, something that has become a regular occurrence.


6) Speaking of the cats, I just had to share this picture, which was completely un-posed. This is how I found them. They sorted themselves with the laundry, light load and dark load:


Hope every one's Monday is off to a productive start. We have already had one play date this morning and are expecting my niece and nephew to come and spend the night tonight so my sister in-law and brother can celebrate her impending milestone birthday. Jake and Jadyn are quite excited to have a sleepover with their cousins Madison and Ethan. There will probably be pictures forthcoming.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

LOL! I love the picture of Jadyn with the puzzle piece on her tush. Too cute.

I refuse to look at adorable kitty pictures. I have to avoid the temptation. Why do they have to do such cute things like sleep in laundry baskets. (Maybe I peaked.)