Saturday, July 19, 2014

Jake's 10th Birthday Party Sleepover

It just doesn't seem possible that he could be in double digits but atlas, it is true.

Jake opted for a super low-key birthday celebration that included having several boys over for a sleepover. Joe grilled burgers (Jake's favorite) and I made chocolate cupcakes topped with Joe's homemade chocolate frosting. We sang happy birthday, had him open presents and enjoyed the chaos of having 10 kids running around the house.

IMG_8579-001

IMG_8586-001

Now, don't get me wrong. We enjoyed the relative quiet after all the kids had left too but it's nice that our kids are both so social and have such a great group of friends. Jake in particular seems to be entering that stage of adolescence where he wants to be with his friends ALL THE TIME. I'm sure that isn't going away anytime soon. In the meantime,  I will cherish the nights he is still willing to snuggle with me on the couch while we watch a movie or the rare night he asks me to stay at bedtime so he can talk about his day (or whatever he is working on in Minecraft more likely, but still, he is sharing).

No matter how old or how big he gets, he will always be my baby boy. Happy birthday Jake!

No comments: