Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Beach Vacation Day 3: Boulders and Boomers

Although we were technically at the beach for 4 days, the last day was mostly packing up and going home so this is going to conclude my summation of our beach trip. Not to mention the fact that life has been so busy since back to school, it's been almost 2 weeks since we got back. It's time to wrap this up!

Wednesday was by far our most laid back day. We all went out in the morning for a walk along the rock jetty, a favorite tradition for the kids. The jetty has a fairly decent path at the beginning but as your progress further out, the path gives way to boulders and you are essentially rock scrambling. On this particular outing we made it the furthest we ever have.

I don't know if this picture truly represents how far out we are, but it's a good distance:

IMG_3014-001

We always stop at this same location for a family photo every year:

IMG_3012-001

And I'm including this picture so you can get a better idea of the rocks, plus Oceanside Harbor is in the background.

IMG_3022-001

Unfortunately, I returned from our walk a little (lot) banged up. I lost my footing and took a layer of skin off my ankle and jammed my toe, which has subsequently resulted in the very slow process of losing my big toenail. I guess I should be glad that flip-flop season is almost over because guys, it isn't pretty!

After spending some time on the beach and in the water, our crew got cleaned up and headed out to Boomers for a very competitive game of mini-golf among the adults. Tara won the prize (girl power) but more importantly, I kept my tradition of beating Cruz. The kids had a blast playing laser tag and bumper boating.

IMG_3033-001

They also rode as passengers on the Go-Karts, which also got aggressive between *ahem* certain members of our group.

IMG_3039-001

IMG_3055-001

We finished off our time there with some video games before heading over to BJ's Brewery for dinner and back to the cottage for another bonfire with Smore's. It was a great way to end our last evening at the beach and I can't wait for next time.

No comments: