Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The mystery of our kids lost teeth

I don't know what the deal is with our kids. Last year Jake lost his first tooth after it became so loose, it fell out when he bit into a rice cake. His second tooth fell out at school and by the time he noticed it, he didn't know when and where it fell out. Honestly, he probably ate it with his lunch. Then if you recall, he let his third loose tooth dangle there for so long, it fell out while the hygienist was cleaning his teeth during a routine appointment. Seriously!

Never to be outdone, the day after Christmas Jadyn lost her second tooth in similar fashion. In fact, I think I'm the one who noticed that it had finally fell out that morning, most likely in her sleep the night before. It had been hanging by a thread for days. Now, only two weeks later, Jake realized he has lost yet another tooth but doesn't know what happened to it. The funny thing about this one is that we didn't even realize he had another loose tooth. What is going on here?

The first time it happened to Jake, I helped him write a note to the tooth fairy explaining what happened so he didn't get missed when she made her nightly rounds. By now, I think she is fairly convinced that my kids are trying to scam her - wanting money for a hole in their mouth and no evidence of the tooth that used to live there.

I guess its a good thing I know the tooth fairy personally.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

That is so crazy. I was always so excited I was tugging on mine as soon as they were loose. Actually, I do the same thing to Michael now. I can't imagine them just disappearing.