Thursday, February 17, 2011

Young Picassos

The kids tend to go in and out of phases where they draw and color a lot, Jadyn especially. Some weeks I feel like we could go through an entire ream of copier paper. Considering Joe and I do not have an artistic bone in our bodies, I think Jadyn is very creative and talented and I love to see what she comes up with.

In these two pictures, she has drawn a house with bats hovering around it. She wrote all the members of our family, including Utah and Nago (her printing skills are really coming along). In the bottom picture, she has drawn herself with two of her friends dancing on stage with sunflowers in the rain:

She also, no surprise loves to draw animals. Here is one of her famous square cats and a portrait of Nago that she drew for me:


Jake has a very finely-tuned skill of drawing amazing cars, race tracks and mazes.


And we have a special place in the office dedicated to their favorite works of art. It changes frequently:

3 comments:

Angela said...

Holy cow, they are good :-) Jake's mazes are the best, G would love those. :-)

Joanna said...

Damn, they draw better than I do! I love the one in the lower right corner of the last picture. It would make a nice quilt.

Karen said...

Awesome artwork!