Thursday, February 3, 2011

Magoomba

And it is definitely not Monday. Where did the week go?

1) My friend Bridget made it through surgery and is recovering very well so far. It will be some time before we know if the surgery will alleviate the pain she has been living with for far too long so please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. My apologizes for not updating everyone sooner. I wasn't thinking about those of you who only know me from our group and wouldn't have gotten any other updates.

2) Last Saturday Jadyn and I went on a date just the two of us. We fed our addiction at Starbucks (I am now in love with the Skinny Caramel Macchiato) and then visited the animal shelter, you know just to torture ourselves.

3) Sunday, I took Jake shopping for Valentines (he settled on Transformers since shockingly, they don't make soldier/military themed ones) and then I helped him pick out a birthday gift for his best friend from school, Kyle. This was suppose to be my date with Jake but then when I took him to the party, I was the only parent that was planning on staying. When did Jake get to be so big that I am dropping him off at birthday parties now? Anyway, I stayed for awhile and chatted with the parents and then (sniff, sniff) left and came back later to get him. The good news was I got the house to myself for a few hours as Joe and Jadyn had gone to Home Depot and to run some other errands.

4) No we have had any crazy amounts of snow but it has gotten pretty cold here again. After our gorgeous weekend in Carlsbad, I am ready for spring. Midweek, snowpocolyse did manage to affect me however, when I did not get my normal workload for the day. You know, since the doctors and patients I would normally transcribe for couldn't leave their houses in the Chicago area.

5) I finally watched The Social Network last weekend. I loved it! Very well done and very well acted. I know it is based on a book that has been criticized for exaggerating the truth so therefore I was pretty surprised to see that, at least in opinion they were pretty fair to Mark Zuckerberg. I didn't walk away feeling like he was necessarily the "bad guy". It was definitely more complicated than that, which is why it made such a great movie.

6) I am currently reading Water for Elephants and really enjoying it. I didn't think I would like it at all since I am not a circus fan. I don't like the conditions and treatment most of the animals are subjected to. And the book definitely addresses that issue within its story. I will have to update everyone when I finish.

7) And speaking of animals, our kitty Friday presumably got himself into a cat fight and ended up with an abscess on his face. One night Joe noticed a chipmunk cheek on the poor lil guy and a trip the vet confirmed that he had a fairly high temperature from it. Luckily we got it down with antibiotics and it broke open on it's own a few days later. Now that he is back to his frisky little self, its a wonder we didn't notice his lethargy earlier. Glad he is on the mend though.

So I guess that is it for now. No big plans for this weekend other than the Super Bowl on Sunday (Go Packers!). We have some big things planned over the next couple of weeks though (first 5K, Valentines Day, my birthday and of course birthday presents) so I will most certainly have more excitement to blog about in the near future.

No comments: