Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday MeMe

Yes, this is a post full of memes, sorry!

1) I have been very consistent about walking at least 45 minutes and/or two miles at least 3 days a week, whether I go and walk around the track at the park or jump on the treadmill. I am hoping our new school routine will continue to lend itself a hand in that consistency. Now I just need to add core strengthening via yoga and/or pilates and I will be on the right track. On the negative side however, despite somewhat watching what I eat, I am up 2 pounds. This is very discouraging. Joe keeps trying to tell me I am building lean muscle mass but then why are my pants still so tight around the waist? I am starting to fear it might be one of my medications. Grrr. On the positive side, I got my lowest WiiFit age ever - 26. That means my body is 9 years younger than my actual age. Not bad.

2) I finished reading The Deathly Hallows last week, thus completely the Harry Potter series. I am SO glad I gave it a second chance because I really got into them and have immensely enjoyed all the characters journeys. Moreover, I was very satisfied with the conclusion of the their stories and simply cannot wait for the final two installments of the movie franchise. By far my favorite books were Prisoner of Azkaban and Half Blood Prince with books 4 and 5 being my least fav. The irony is that when I saw all the movies before reading the books, Prisoner of Azkaban was my least favorite and Goblet of Fire the one I enjoyed the most. Go figure.

3) With Harry Potter all done, I am now doing a quick re-read of The Hunger Games (finished this weekend) so I can read the sequel, "Catching Fire" that came out last week. This is another great YA series and if you haven't read them but liked Twilight and Harry Potter, then I highly recommend them.

4) And speaking of Twilight, some theaters have already started preselling tickets for the midnight showings of New Moon. It's still 2 months away but that should give you an idea of how huge they expect the movie to be. Also, there will be an extended trailer shown at the MTV VMAs on Sunday Sept. 13th. Unfortunately, Russell Brand is the MC again and in my personal opinion, he was pretty obnoxious last year. Thankfully we have DVR. Also, the New Moon soundtrack will be released on October 20th and Death Cab for Cutie has been confirmed as writing a new original song for the movie. Great artist and perfect fit for the series. Triple yeah!

5) TV season is closing in on us and when I recieve my Fall preview Entertainment Weekly this Friday, I will be making some hard choices over which TV shows will stay in my viewing lineup. But, if anyone is interested, CW is premiering many of their shows this week including the sophomore season of 90210, the Melrose Place reboot, Ryan Murphy's (think Nip/Tuck) Glee and the Vampire Diaries. I plan on watching 3 out of the 4. Betcha can't guess which one I am passing up?

It's Labor Day people! Holidays have new meaning now that I have a child in school 5 days a week. In fact, this post was originally going to be a Magoomba until I realized most people have the day off so I decided to change it to a special meme. I will be updating everyone on how the kids are doing in school later this week and plan on taking plenty of pictures today when we take the boat to the river for the last trip of the season.

Whether you are relaxing at home or have something special planned, hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day!

1 comment:

LauraC said...

I'll be making some hard choices on tv also!!