Monday, September 21, 2009

Magoomba Monday #18

1) I don't know how many of you remember what a nightmare it was last year trying to get Jadyn to commit to a Halloween costume or not, but to try and avoid a repeat, I started asking Jadyn what she wanted to be even earlier this year. Some of the costume ideas she came up with included a stargazer lily fairy, which I approved, Princess Jasmine from Aladdin, which I approved and Hermione (although Jadyn calls her Herminy) from Harry Potter which I also approved. But the costume she finally settled on, the one she started repeating over and over again was Belle from Beauty and the Beast and while I also approved of this costume, I had my doubts about Jadyn wearing such a big frilly dress.

Well those doubts quickly faded when her costume arrived via UPS on Monday and Jadyn was so excited, she could hardly stand it. I seriously thought she might start hyperventilating. So, while it is against my better judgement to spoil the total effect the costume will have on Halloween with hair and accessories, I give you a preview of Jadyn as Princess Belle:

2)Quite the model Jadyn has become, I also wanted to show off a picture of her on Tuesday when she sported this gorgeous skirt Rose handmade for her. Super cute! Thanks again Rose.

3) I really hate it when we don't know that our last time in the pool is going to be our last time in the pool but when the weather started cooling off somewhat last week, I was afraid that was exactly what was going to happen. Even though I am ready for summer to be over, ready for everything fun that comes with fall and even though I think we made the most of the warm weather months, when the seasons change, it is reminder of how quickly time goes by. It makes me just a little bit sad and nostalgic.

So when the temps warmed back up again this week, I took the opportunity to take the kids in the pool and even though the water was a little cold for my tastes, the kids still enjoyed our Friday afternoon dip. I also made sure to take a few pictures because with the water temps dropping, I think we may be taking the pool down in the next week or so. I can't seem to get pictures with their googgles off. They are like fish in the water now.



But you can see that Jadyn is having trouble hiding the fact that she cold:



4) Jake had his "meet the team" and practice scrimmage for soccer on Saturday. He is playing on a team with his fellow t-baller and school classmate Sam. I was feeling a little guilty about not having practiced with Jake before the start of season. That was until (and sorry for the brag) he turned around and scored 3 goals in a 6 minute period playing 4 on 4. I think he is going to like it that for once, he is on the bigger, older side of his division. Here he is action:



5) I also wanted to make sure to post a close-up of Jake so everyone can see that his hair has grown back to a length I like. It only took him 4 weeks and now he is ready to go back to his regular stylist and have the sides trimmed up. I think we decided to keep it shorter though. It is kind of nice not having to wet and brush his hair down every day for school.


That's it for now. Hope everyone gets their week off to a productive start!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Great pictures, as always. Jaydn is precious in the Belle dress. Where did you get that? Is it a Disney one? It looks really good.

And what's up with Jake? He looks so grown up playing soccer. Way, way too grown up.

Mel said...

I love Jadyn in her princess dress! Analese has not chosen a costume yet, but she will probably choose princess LOL!