Monday, September 28, 2009

Magoomba Monday #19

1) First of all I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind comments on my sprucing up post. I swear I was not fishing for compliments. I just wanted to show everyone what I had been up to because those projects had been taking up a considerable amount of my free time. However, that said I really appreciated the compliments so thank you. It means a lot.

2) A lot of repeat business in the Magoomba pile this week. First up, I took this picture of Jadyn Friday AFTER posting the other pictures of the kids dressing up:


Her cousin Madison let her borrow this beautiful butterfly fairy dress and Jadyn has added it to her stockpile of dress-up clothes. She just cracks me up when she gets all dolled up and makes comments like, "Every princess has a necklace", "Every princess wears pretty shoes", etc. etc.

3) Friday was one of those wonderful family afternoon/evenings that are really hard to convey but at any rate we picked Jake up from school and made the trek to civilization where we saw "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" at the nice big movie theater. The kids really enjoyed it and I have to say, I think that is the least restless I have seen both of them in a movie theater out of the handful of times we have gone. I thought it was cute but nothing fantastic. Personally I enjoyed Up and Monsters Vs. Aliens more but it was a super fun movie. Afterwards we ran errands, including the monthly trip to Sam's Club and Petsmart. Who needs to spend money on the zoo when the kids get so excited just to see all the fish, birds and hamsters as the pet store? They were in heaven as usual. We capped off the evening by picking up our FAVORITE pizza from Round Table and bringing it home. It was a wonderful evening.

4) Saturday Jake had his first official soccer game. He scored 4 goals this week and continues to love the sport. I tried to take pictures but being that I was busy coaching/team momming (made up that word) again, this is the only one I got of him throwing the ball in:


So let me just say a few things. First, yeah I forgot to mention I was assistant coaching and taking on the job of team mom. I really didn't want to do both but they were short coaches and while I really do love volunteering, at the same time I am growing increasingly frustrated with the lack of participation and sense of community in our city. Joe keeps asking me what I expect and honestly, I guess I just expected that their would be a few more people willing to help out. After 5 weeks of school, I am still the only parent to volunteer in Jake's classroom. Anyway, my other point is check out the other team's uniforms. I don't know how I would feel about the bright pink and black. I have to admit I am kind of glad Jake has the blue and black colors instead.

5) Again, something that was already documented and photographed last week and I realize I may be the only one not sick of pictures of the kids and the cats together but seriously? How cute is it that the cats seem to know who they belong to and on Saturday after a long week and busy morning, Mambo took a cat nap with Jake while Jazz snuggled in Jadyn's choke hold:




Then Jazz woke up when I took the picture and struck this pose:


6) Finally, since the weather has decided to continue to act like it is the middle of the summer with temps still hovering above 100, we decided to take the boat out to the river one more time. It was just the four of us and such a nice relaxing trip (except for when we got a few miles out of town, realized we didn't have the kids life jackets and had to turn around and go back home to get them) with hardly anyone else on the water. I will be putting together a seperate post with some pics from our day trip.

Until then, I hope everyone has a productive start to their week!

3 comments:

Mel said...

I love sleeping kid and cat photos! Nothing cuter!

*Kc* said...

Gosh! Finally found your blog. Don't know why I was having issues. lol!

That dress up costume is cute!! I wonder if Cami would play with dress up things..hmm. LOVE the Cat/Kiddo photos. Seriously sweet =)

Joanna said...

You can never go wrong with posting pictures of kids and cats. They are adorable and I think just about everyone could look at them all day long.

I can't believe you are still dealing with 100+ weather. We had jackets on this morning. but, it sounds like you got a nice late season boat trip in, which is so cool.