Monday, June 8, 2009

Magoomba Monday #10 (a day late again)

1. ) I can't believe that with all the commotion going on after last weekend that I completely forget to mention how much I loved the New Moon trailer unveiled at the MTV Movie Awards. I was squealing like a fangirl and yes, I rewound it and rewatched it several times. You can definitely tell that the budget is bigger and therefore the special effects are going to be much better. I was really worried how they were going to do the werewolf transformation and although I cannot say it completely compares to the vision I had in my head while reading the book, it came pretty darn close. I am so much more emotionally invested in how this movie turns out because it was my favorite of the series. Just watching the trailer made me want to go back and re-read it for the 5th time but I am trying to wait until closer to the movie release. November 20th can not come fast enough!

2) Although I am not good enough to stop giving my business to Kaycee and Kimberly, I finally figured out how to make hairbows for Jadyn! Kimberly tried to show me once but I just think she wasn't dumbing it down enough for me. However, today my sister in-law Tawnya was able to break it down for me and voila - I can now make bows to match Jadyn's outfits. I even have a burnt thumb from the hot glue gun to prove it. And man, I am not a crafty person but it can be addictive.

3) I took the kids to see the movie UP last Wednesday. We went the extra mile (or 50 miles but whose counting) and saw it in 3D. The movie was as good as the reviews have been saying and the animated short before the movie was amazingly cute. Right up my alley. Even the previews were in 3D. Jake wore his 3D glasses the whole time and although the movie kept her interest, Jadyn took her glasses off about 1/3 of the way through. Although I don't think you would lose anything essential if you didn't see the movie in 3D, Jadyn is still talking about the dog at the movie theater who licked her in the face so I know it had an impact.

4) Amongst all her new toys from her birthday, Jadyn got a new baby doll she had been wanting. One night last week I found her putting her baby to bed and "reading" her a bedtime story. I thought it was the cutest thing.



5) Another example of what a great big brother Jake can be - when we are trying to get out the door and Jadyn is having trouble getting her shoes on, he stops and takes the time to help her. Now that's love. Or impatience. Or a little of both.



More on our weekend coming!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Jenn- Do you know I finally watched Twilight? Still have not read the books though.

Cute pic of Jadyn and her doll!

Carrie said...

I cannot wait for New Moon to come out either! I have 50 pages left till I am finished reading New Moon...what a good read!!!