Thursday, June 11, 2009

Duck Duck Turtle

With the weather unseasonably mild for this time of year, it was the perfect opportunity to take the kids to Civic Center Park in Palm Desert before running the errands that sent us down to civilization in the first place. Ali was kind enough to come with me and provide adult company. When we arrived at the pond, the kids immediately parked themselves on the bench from my last post and exclaimed it to be a dog. Ali and I corrected them stating that we thought it was an alligator. Well there was something about Ali and alligator that set the kids off and before we knew it they were spouting off comments like, "Ali, we are sitting on you" and "Look Ali, you have a tail." It was comical.

But even better, not only were the ducks coming over to receive our gifts of bread and crackers, but the turtles were everywhere and it turns out they really like goldfish cracker crumbs. Here is Jadyn calling to the baby turtle. "Here turtle. Come here turtle!"






Another group had their little ankle biter dog with them and he kept coming over to the edge of the shore to check out the ducks BUT when this big guy appeared, he went ballistic, barking like crazy. It was hysterical.


I wish I could say the rest of the trip was as fun-filled as our trip to the park but unfortunately it was not a good day to drag my two children on shopping errands and I came home that evening completely drained. Then I looked at my camera and saw the beautiful smiling faces of my two kids sitting on that bench and my spirits were immediately lifted. Even bad days can have a happy ending.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh, look at the cute little turtles. How totally cool!

Angela said...

How fun! I had to laugh at the title, very creative!!